Monday, April 14, 2014

Memoirs

I read "Six Word Memoirs" as posted by Smith Magazine. I found this article to be amazing and thought provoking. How amazing is it that we could tell so much about ourselves in just six words? Have you ever thought of that? I recently did while reading some of the memoirs. I am usually a talkative person so for me to give you my memoir in only six words, well I'd think you're a cruel and manipulative person. However so many people had done it. Many of these people are well known and many are not but it was so interesting to read them all. It was heartbreaking and at times funny to read the lives of these people. An example is "Girlfriend is pregnant, my husband said." Just wow to read that is gut-wrenching for me but to send that out takes a whole lot of courage. These people are telling their stories and sharing their lives with the world. So here is my six word memoir; Won't survive night, lived nineteen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment